Join us for a cabin-fever breaking weekend of snow and fun filled events for the whole family! We are just starting to plan for 2020 and are adding events as confirmed. Keep checking back for updates!!!
Friday, January 31, 2020
6-7:30 p.m. First Night Sledding Party (shhhhh– not for the kids!)
The grown-ups get the sledding hill all to ourselves! Sleds provided, so just show up for sledding fun on the Adams Street hill (in front of City Hall). Ticket holders will received a WinterFest silicone pint glass and a $1 off their first beverage at several participating locations (list of locations to be added soon). All proceeds from this event will go back into supporting the mission of WinterFest – including providing hats, socks, and/or gloves for kids in need. Do a little good, have a little fun, join us! This event has a limited number of tickets – be sure to buy tickets today! Delicious hot food & drink will be available for purchase at the hill as well!!
7:30 p.m. Piano Men: The Music of Elton and Billy Featuring Joe Boucher and 8-piece Orchestra with special guests Biddeford High Jazz Band + Chorus
“Piano Men – The Music of Elton and Billy” is a tribute to the amazing songs of Billy Joel and Elton John. This concert combines a four piece pop group featuring Joe Boucher on piano and vocals playing with a full symphony orchestra with arrangements by Christopher Eastburn. Rarely have these songs ever been heard performed live in this way as Elton and Billy themselves have only on a few occasions performed with orchestras. “Piano Men” concentrates heavily on the recordings by Elton and Billy during their 70’s heyday when their many hit albums featured lush orchestrations. The concert opens with Billy Joel’s thrilling “Prelude / Angry Young Man” and works its way through a veritable hit parade alternating songs between the two composers.
Sponsored by GWI. A Heart of Biddeford Winterfest Event. Click here to purchase tickets or call the Box Office at 282-0849. Tickets $25. A portion of proceeds benefits Biddeford High School Music Program (over $2,000 donated in 2019!)
Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Winter Fun Time! This is the true “heart” of WinterFest! Come on out and enjoy the snow! Come on out for a FREE day of fun for families in the center of downtown! More events added as we confirm them – please check back!
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sledding (on Adams Street). Sleds provided! Thanks to New Life Church and their amazing group of volunteers, sledding is free, with no limit to how many times you can slide down.
- Visit Apex Youth Connection for adventure and fun!
- Challenge your parents or best friend to a stationary bike race!! Who will be the fastest!?
- Have you ever cooked over an open fire? No matter how you answer, you’ll want to taste some fresh chili and learn some new cooking skills with Apex Youth Connection!
- Explore some outdoor winter gear! Climb in tents and investigate what it’s like to sleep outside.
- Biddeford Recreation will be snowshoeing in the square! Stop by and try out a pair – no special equipment needed!
- Face painting
- Yard games – try out some fun yard games, all in the snow!
- Visit with students from UNE COM SOMA (Student Osteopathic Medical Association) for some Heart2Heart. Check out the free blood pressure clinic, try new healthy foods and try your hand (feet) at flash dancing!!
Noon – 2 p.m.
- Take a ride in horse pulled wagon.
- Visit the Reindeer. And keep your eyes open for some magical guests to arrive!!!
Noon – 3 p.m.
- The Maine Birthday Book! – book signing with Tonya Shevenell
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Do you want a build to a snowman? If so, join the Chamber of Commerce for some snow person building! If the weather permits, fill the park with snow people!
5 p.m & 8 p.m. Juston McKinney, City Theater
Three “Tonight Show” appearances and half a dozen shows on Comedy Central after turning in his York County Sheriff Deputy’s badge, Juston McKinney is living proof that anything is possible with a degree from Southern Maine Community College. He lives in Newmarket, New Hampshire with his wife and two boys and continues to sell out theaters throughout New England and across the country. We appreciate him making the trip across the border for a night of sarcastic observations and big laughs. Shows at 5:00pm and 8:00pm with tickets $22 in advance ($25 day of show). Click here to purchase tickets or call the Box Office at 282-0849
Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020
West Brook Skating Rink, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
WinterFest continues through Sunday! Be sure to get outside and enjoy the winter weather with some fun ice skating! Thanks to the hard work of volunteers this fall, West Brook Skating Rink is open!! The lodge is not open but a portable restroom is available.
West Brook Skating Rink can always use volunteers. They do have loaner skates, which you can keep if you want, or bring your own to add to our loaner “fleet”. All skating is free and they are entirely donation funded so please consider making a donation. All donations are greatly appreciated!
Super Roll Sunday (Bike Ride), Apex Youth Connection, 10 a.m.
Apex Youth Connection WinterFest rolling on Super Roll Sunday, with a ride through Clifford Park! The ride starts at the Apex parking lot and finishes back at Apex for some chill lunch after.