Join us for a cabin-fever busting weekend of snow and fun filled events for the whole family!
This will be a “snow or shine” event but it wasn’t designed to be a frozen solid event! Due to extreme cold predicted for last weekend, outdoor events at Winterfest start February 10th through February 12, 2023!
2023 WinterFest Mascot
In 2022, youth in our community were invited to dream up a mascot that inspires and connects us to the pride and spirit of Biddeford Winterfest. Come to WinterFest on Saturday February 11th and meet the new Mascot François!! Be sure to get your photo taken with him and tag us on social media!
Friday February 10, 2023 (rescheduled from Feb. 3)
6-7:30 p.m. First Night Sledding Party (shhhhh– not for the kids!) This event is extremely popular and we’re bringing it back for 2023!!
Kick off WinterFest weekend with an adults-only sledding party on the Adams Street sledding hill at City Hall. Indulge your inner child (we’ll provide the sleds!) from 6 – 7:30 p.m. For sledders 21+, your ticket includes a beer from Blaze Brewing Co with their on-site bar!
Tickets are limited to ensure the hill stays in good shape for Saturday’s events, so secure your spot by purchasing a ticket! Don’t forget to do a friend count and purchase their tickets too! (limited number available!).
Don’t forget the Annual Downtown Poker Crawl begins Friday, February 10th! With over 30 participating businesses and amazing prize, you’re sure to enjoy shopping Downtown Biddeford while you create your best poker hand.
This event is brought to you by WinterFest and Blaze Brewing Co.!
Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023 (rescheduled from Feb. 4)
Winter Fun Time! This is the true “heart” of WinterFest! Come on out and enjoy the snow! Come on out for a FREE day of fun for families in the center of downtown!
Don’t forget the Annual Downtown Poker Crawl continues all day Saturday! With over 30 participating businesses and amazing prize, you’re sure to enjoy shopping Downtown Biddeford while you create your best poker hand.
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sledding begins on Adam Street! Sleds provided! Thanks to New Life Church and their amazing group of volunteers, sledding is free, with no limit to how many times you can slide down. If you have smaller children, look for the children’s hill!!
- WinterFest Performances on the Main Stage
- 10:00 a.m. TBA
- 11:15 a.m. Biddeford HS Jazz Band
- 11:45 a.m. Poetry Break with Isaac Kinzambi
- 11:50 a.m. Announcements! Meet François and some raffles will be drawn!
- 12:00 p.m. Tina Murphy
- 1:00 p.m. Raffles and Announcements
- 2:00 p.m. Katie Delcourt
- 2:15 p.m. Raffle Drawing – last one of the day!
- Interactive characters & entertainment!
- 10 – 3 p.m. Touch a Truck
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Keep your eyes peeled for prehistoric visitors!
- 12 – 2 p.m. Take a pony ride!
- Hungry? Of course you will be! Hot dogs, pizza, chips and mexican fare – all free for the eating!!
- 11 am – 1:30 p.m. grab a hot dog, pop corn, chips, hot chocolate and/or bottled water! Thanks to New Life Church & Biddeford Recreation.
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. (or until we run out) – Pizza POLARpalooza! Free pizza – stop by to see who donated delicious pizza – so many varieties to try.
- 1 p.m. until they run out – Stop by for a taste from New England Iron Pollo, Biddeford’s newest upcoming food truck (although for this event you’ll find this delicious fare in a tent).
- Giveaways & Free Raffle!! Everyone attending can enter the raffle for free! What do you want to win? Gift cards? A bicycle? Stop by the raffle tent to get your ticket and enter to win!
- New Life Church will be providing free hot cocoa and beautiful handmade hats, mittens and scarfs! Be sure to stop by and warm up!!
- Did you know Winterfest hosts a FREE raffle every year? This year, the raffle has grown to include 42 bikes (donated by Walmart & Apex – sizes for kids of all ages), Funtown/Splashtown passes, tickets to Maine Mariner & Portland SeaDogs, Hannaford Gift cards valued at $100 (2) and $500 (2), Market Basket Gift card ($100) and $100 certificate to Biddeford Recreation Department!!
- The biggest raffle will be held at 1 p.m. but visit the schedule page online and posted in the raffle tent to see all raffle drawing times. Must be present to win!
Be sure to stop by the raffle tent on Saturday February 4th for your ticket and enter to win!
A warming area will also be provided to help take the chill off!!
Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023
Don’t forget the Annual Downtown Poker Crawl continues all today! With over 30 participating businesses and amazing prize, you’re sure to enjoy shopping Downtown Biddeford while you create your best poker hand.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
WinterFest continues through Sunday at West Brook Skating Rink! Be sure to get outside and enjoy the winter weather with some fun ice skating! Thanks to the continued hard work of volunteers over the past few years, West Brook Skating Rink is open (weather permitting).